Our client is one of the premium suppliers to the UK’s house builders of bespoke kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and home study furniture. They are a family owned business with more than 40 years’ experience of working in this sector, successfully supplying nationally from their manufacturing base in the North East of England. Due to their recent success they were ready to recruit to their busy Finance team and made the decision to bring a graduate into the business.
Having unsuccessfully engaged with a recruitment agency to fill this vacancy, they were subsequently looking for a more partnered approach to recruitment. Working extremely closely with the Hiring Manager, SEAO’s dedicated Talent Partner gained a full understanding of the role, the team, and the company values, culture and proposition before going out to market with an attractive and engaging client branded campaign.
What we did:
- Supported the Hiring Manager and candidates as the internal recruitment team
- Managed telephone line as the client brand
- Wrote and advertised vacancy as the client brand on relevant job boards
- Promoted the client brand through successful Careers social media campaigns
- Screened all applications received while promoting the client brand
- Implemented video interviewing software to support geographical challenges and time restrictions
- Provided the Hiring Manager with a shortlist of interested and available candidates
- Offered on-site support with interviews
- Supported the Hiring Manager through offer stage and regretted unsuccessful candidates
- Reached out to successful candidate’s referees
- Supported successful candidates through their notice period
- Conducted check ins with the Hiring Manager and candidates at the one week, one month and three month point
Impact to the business
With the knowledge and experience of our Talent Partner the time to fill on this position was 15 days and retention is 100%. The candidate experienced an engaging journey and the company brand was wide reaching, due to the added exposure of SEAO’s social media channels, website and access to multiple job boards.